Monday, December 13, 2010

Cat Interrupted.

Lately I feel as though when I begin a project I get interrupted or derailed from it shortly after. Sometimes it's my fault, sometimes life just gets in the way. Anyhow, I had begun a cat sketchbook a couple of months ago. I had a comic in mind that I wanted to begin, but it never took off, partly due to the frustration I felt at my inability to keep continuity in my characters/style. I'm assuming (because it makes me feel a little better about myself) that that is an issue many graphic artists struggle with. So here are a couple of rough research sketches that I felt were worth sharing. I haven't given up on my idea, but I've decided to put it on the back burner for the time being.

3 comments:

Drawsmall said...

Brushpen?

laura said...

Actually, no! It was koh-i-noor black ink applied with a windsor & newton sable (size 3) brush.

Carolina Plano said...

The first page is my favourite one! They are all adorable and if they were cookies I would eat them.